Los Altos Forward is an open, all-volunteer group with the mission of promoting community vibrancy in downtown Los Altos.
With the rise of Internet retail and competition from local shopping districts and malls (including the new San Antonio Center), it is more important than ever to support and feel proud of our downtown. Also, Los Altos Forward believes that the downtown should be more than just buildings to shop and dine — it should also have wonderful public spaces where citizens can come to have fun, socialize, and see their friends and neighbors.
The group’s objectives focus on two areas:
1. Encourage the Los Altos community to develop a vision for the Downtown
- Rollout, an Education Series called “Community Conversations.” This is focused on bringing in speakers to discuss best practices in developing wonderful, engaging, people-oriented cities.
- Develop sample renditions of different downtown development scenarios
- Collaborate on enhancing Parking Solutions
2. Build Community
- Organize “First Friday” events – The first one was held on December 2nd, 2011, and now they are occurring on the First Friday of every month from 6-8 pm.
- Promote Social Spaces within downtown
Los Altos Forward began in May 2011 and meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month from 6-7:30 pm. We meet in vacant retail spaces in downtown Los Altos — check our Calendar for the location of upcoming meetings. Everyone is welcome to attend any meeting. Come, find out more, and contribute to increasing vibrancy in downtown Los Altos!
Leadership Team: Robin Abrams, Kim Cranston, Andrea Eaton, Joe Eyre, Deb Hope, Bart Nelson, & Kent Nelson
For more information, email email@example.com