Los Altos Forward is an open, all-volunteer group with the mission of promoting community vibrancy in downtown Los Altos. With the rise of Internet retail and competition from local shopping districts and malls (including the new San Antonio Center), it is more important then ever to support and feel proud of our downtown. Also, Los Altos Forward believes that the downtown should be more than just buildings in which to to shop and dine — it should also have wonderful public spaces where citizens can come to have fun, socialize, and see their friends and neighbors.
The group’s objectives focus on two areas:
- Rollout an Education Series called “Community Conversations”. This is focused on bringing in speakers to discuss best practices in the development of wonderful, engaging, people-oriented cities.
- Develop sample renditions of different downtown development scenarios
- Collaborate on enhancing Parking Solutions
2. Build Community. Activities include:
- Organize “First Friday” events – The first one was held on December 2nd, 2011 and now they are occurring the First Friday of every month from 6-8pm.
- Promote Social Spaces within downtown
Leadership Team: Robin Abrams, Kim Cranston, Andrea Eaton, Joe Eyre, Deb Hope, Bart Nelson, & Kent Nelson
For more information, email email@example.com